You must not pour waste oil down a sink or drain
You must comply with Duty of Care legislation
Your waste is stored correctly (it must be properly contained)
It is only collected by registered waste carriers
All collections are covered by a valid Waste Transfer Note (see more below)
Records of transfers of waste are kept for at least two years
Waste is only taken to an authorised facility that has the necessary waste management licensing – ignorance of the disposal site is no defence if your waste is found flytipped.
It is your legal responsibility as a producer of waste to obtain and keep Controlled Waste Transfer Notes for at least 2 years from date of transfer.
The Waste Regulations (England & Wales 2014) allow the use of electronic Waste Transfer Notes is the form of an invoice or email as long as it contains all the necessary information below.
A written description of the waste being transferred.
The EWC code for the waste being transferred. The EWC for waste cooking oil is: 20 01 25 (edible oil and fat).
An description of how the waste is contained. Eg. 200L barrel, 20L cans or 15L buckets
A SIC 2007 code of the waste producer.
A signed declaration to state that the waste hierarchy has been considered with the relevant words.
- Identify the amount of waste being passed on, for example the number of sacks or other containers, the volume of waste or its weight.
- List your name and identify that you are the producer of the waste.
- List the name of the person you are passing the waste to and their status, for example a registered waste carrier, including their registration number.
- Give the address where you passed the waste to the other person as well as the date and time that you gave him the waste.
- Be signed by both parties and be kept for at least two years.
The team at Cater Oils specialise in offering our commercial clients convenient and completely free waste oil collection service.
Our waste cooking oil disposal services are not only legally compliant, ensuring you fulfil your responsibilities under the regulations mentioned above, but they are environmentally friendly. All the waste oil we collect in processed and recycled into biodiesel!
We also offer a credit for all the oil we collect which can be redeemed against a fresh oil delivery from us.
To find out more, simply get in touch with out team today.